A wedding ceremony marks the beginning of a marriage, and a couple’s life together. Wedding ceremonies may be a civil or religious rite that can take place anywhere – at a church, in the gardens, at the beach, or in the hotel ballroom. Some weddings can also take place in the Internet (known as “Online Wedding”).
From the bride’s march down the aisle to the wedding reception, there are a few wedding traditions that make a wedding ceremony special. It is important that the couple involves their guests in the celebration by guiding and informing them of what is happening at any given time. This is made possible by a wedding ceremony program, which is a personalized guidebook for the guests and also serve the following purposes:
- A record of the wedding ceremony, providing guests with the sequence and details of the events that will happen in the ceremony.
- Help guests to understand what is happening.
- Introduce and honour the bridal party, the sponsors, and other people who are participating in the ceremony.
- Serve as a sentimental memory for everyone, which can be included in the couple’s scrapbook.
Though a wedding program is not mandatory, but it certainly adds a unique touch to any wedding ceremony. A wedding program can also be essential in the following cases:
- A wedding that is inter-cultural and no one understands the ceremony.
- A wedding with a number of guests from another faith or culture.
- A wedding so large that guests may not know the bridal party.
- A wedding that is particularly long and time-consuming.
- A wedding that involves so many people that the couple would like to thank.
A wedding program is generally broken down into 3 sections:
– Names of the couple
– Wedding date
– Time and place of the service
- Sequence of the wedding ceremony
– Exchange of vows
– Explanations of special religious rituals (such as the ring ceremony, unity candle ceremony, and pronouncement of marriage)
– Titles of the ceremony music to be played (including the names of the musicians, soloists, or readers)
- Acknowledgement of Wedding Party
– Names of the members of the bridal party
– Name of the priest or officiant who will perform the ceremony
– Thank-you notes and dedications to the parents and to people who gave support to the couple (and to the wedding)
– The couple’s special message to their wedding guests
– Directions to the reception
Couples can order wedding programs cards from the same vendor who prints the wedding invitations. Alternatively, you may opt to design your own wedding programs cards, it is also a creative and money-saving way.
Wedding programs can make your big day extraordinary. Order ready-made or done personally, a wedding program can be made unique by the expressive feelings of love and joy that it conveys.