There are several ways to spice up a wedding invite. You have to have the basic invitation printed. You can do this yourself or have them printed someplace else. Once you have a plain invitation you are ready to start.
Here are 5 ways to spice up a wedding invite:
1. Add a ribbon of one of your colors. This can be as simple as putting a bow on top or as elaborate as weaving it through the card to make a border. Use your imagination.
2. Put some of those glittery sponge stickies on them. You don’t want to go overboard but you can add a heart shaped foam sticky in the corner or top. There are so many of these available now that you can find almost any shape. This may be a great thing to add if you are having a theme wedding. There are so many shapes, sizes and colors.
3. Get a decorative punch and cut a design out. This is a very inexpensive way to add a special touch. You might even use the cut out on all your wedding pieces. You can find punches in so may sizes and shapes now. Your scrapbook stores are full of them.
4. Make your own design cut-out and paste it on. If you are doing a theme you may be able to make a silhouette of the theme. Print out a pattern and trace it with a white pencil or correction pen, on black card stock. Use a good quality glue stick and have fun with it.
5. Put a hanging charm on it. This can be done with twine or ribbon. Just run the ribbon through charm whole and glue or thread it though the card.
So you can see there are many ways to spice up a wedding invite. After thinking about these I bet you are coming up with some of your own. When you have a theme you will have many ways to carry that them into your wedding invitations.