A wedding is the union of two souls but a celebration for all. It is made of tiny intangible moments that leave indelible impressions on every person. It is a conglomeration of small decisions that create impactful marks. Mingled between them are crucial selections that can turn a wedding into a success or failure. One such arrangement is choosing the place where the wedding will be held.
From party halls to wedding lawns, the list of wedding spaces is endless. Each requires the utmost attention to the minutest elements to ensure that the wedding itself happens flawlessly. To help you make a wise and economical choice of wedding venue, we present you a 5-step plan.
The 5-Step Plan To Stress-Free Marriage Venue Selection
- The Budget
Weddings are extravagant affairs that blow out financial limits within seconds. So, the first step to choosing a wedding venue is to set a budget – this is the maximum amount you are ready to shell out for hiring a space. Make the budget detailed and divide it into small sections like:
Map out the monies for each element. Remember it only needs to be an approximate number and not the exact figure. Once the budget is set, pick the location of the wedding and then look for choices within that place which fall inside the budget. This is the first version of the list.
- The Research
Technology has made life more comfortable in all aspects. Looking for a wedding space is no exception. Pick each option in the first version of the list and watch for rating and reviews online. Read the comments; they will give an accurate picture of the authenticity of a venue and its services. Conduct thorough online research and weed out all halls that have mostly poor consumer reviews or not available on the wedding day. This will create the second version of the list.
- The Location
By now the list will have only a few names on it, and it is manageable to review each location physically. This step is essential. Do not limit to just banquet halls or hotels, diversify into lawns and other spaces too as long as they have catering and accommodation. Any location that checkmarks the underneath list can be shortlisted, others should be struck off.
- Easily accessible for guests with approachable roads that can be located through GPS
- Diverse accommodation that can fit in singles, couples and groups
- Ample space for intimate and lavish ceremonies
- Plenty of parking space
- Variety of cuisine
Always do a walkthrough of a venue and look for each of these elements before putting the place into the final list. If possible, conduct a face to face meeting with a manager of the site or specialist. By now, the 3rd version of the list will have only 3 or 4 names.
- The Evaluation
To whittle the list to just two options, evaluate each wedding venue on the factors explained underneath. Remove any place that does come up to the benchmark.
- Size: The location should have space enough to comfortably sit each guest at the same time. If the wedding has 600 guests, then a hall should have at least an equal seating number that allows every individual to have fun without tripping over someone else.
- Catering: Food is the heart of any celebration. Delectable treats and finger-licking food can turn any wedding into a joyous exploration. Find out the types of cuisines the venue offers, and the create a varied menu for each meal of the entire stay. Drinks, cocktails, fruit corners and other specialities should also be available.
- Safety: Crowds and exuberant emotions tend to chaos. Therefore, the quintessential wedding venue would be one that has safety measures in places such as fire extinguishers, first aids, complete power backup, and CCTV coverage. These elements bring peace of mind that in case of an emergency, help will be at hand.
- The Extra Perks
The last step to picking a wedding venue is to tick a few final elements. Get the answers to this brief questionnaire:
- Does the place need to be pre-booked?
- What discount is offered?
- For how long the venue can be used for each function?
- What is the charge in case a celebration extends the time limit?
- What are additional services provided by the venue?
It is the last factor which is pivotal to picking the final marriage hall. Things like bridal makeup, music DJ, valet parking, etc. can significantly reduce operational headaches on the D-Day. A good banquet hall will either have them in-house or specialist they partner with, prefer the site that caters to these amenities.