Bouquets flowers are always one of the main attraction at any wedding. Bouquets are already part of the wedding tradition on all races. A bouquet of flowers symbolized a blossoming maiden and reflects her emotions. Hence, wedding bouquets should be carefully selected. Here are some tips in choosing your wedding bouquet:
- It is recommended that you choose a flower that is on season, this will enable you to save money and the time to order the flower as well.
- You can choose other alternatives such as silk flowers, especially if the flower you would like to use is not in season. Silk flowers are also suited in formal weddings as compared to freshly picked flowers which may not fit a very formal party.
- Your bouquet should not cover your figure. Try not to choose flowers that are too heavy for your built, as it may affect your posture and the way you carry your wedding gown. Your bouquet should not be too big so as not to cover your elegant gown and it should also be easy to carry.
- The flowers you chose should last for the entire day. Make sure that your flowers still hold up even at the end of the day so that you will still look glamorous when you carry it to take pictures. It is good to use a bouquet holder to keep the flowers fresh during the entire day. Avoid choosing flowers which wilt easily.
- Don’t let your florist imagine the flower design you like. You may take a picture or a printed copy of the bouquet style you prefer. Remember to bring a sample fabric of your wedding gown so that the florist can choose the correct shade of flowers that will match the colour of your gown. Some bouquets may be decorated with ribbons, lace and silk materials. You can advise the florist on the specific designs that you would like to add for your flowers.
- Why not choose a flower that has special meaning? That will not be difficult since most flowers have their meanings. Stephanotis stands for happiness in marriage, Rose means love and being true, and Tulips stand for perfect love and declaration of love.
- Choose the bouquet style that will suit you and your personality. Bouquets are more personal nowadays and reflect the brides’ personalities. For Nosegays, where flowers are clustered in a round form, can vary in sophistication and will fit any personality. In Cascade bouquets, flowers are arranged in a descending form. These bouquets are voluptuous and can be the centre of attention. There are flowers where stems are wrapped around in ribbons and they are called Hand-tied bouquets. These bouquets bring a casual aura and are recommended for garden weddings. There are also Contemporary bouquets where flowers are arranged in style but with no geometric form.
- The top wedding flowers are Rose, Lilly, Orchid, Hyacinth, Tulip, Stephanotis and Daisy. You may want to follow the trend and choose these flowers for your bouquet.